Over the years, I have built quite a few custom doors, so I put it all together in this woodworking course on how to build a stave-style entry door.
I will show you how to build a Greene and Greene inspired exterior door, which can also be configured as an interior door. The door is made using stave core construction which helps with stability and prevents warping. We’ll cover all aspects of construction as well as the mortising for the lockset and hinges and hanging. Details abound in this one-of-a-kind build. Your house will thank you!
In This Woodworking Course, You Will Receive The Following:
- Detailed cut list and plans, including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Video instruction showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
- Plans Will Include Comond Door sizes 30″, 32″ and 36″
The Course Will Teach You The Following:
- Stave door construction
- Floating tenon joinery
- Resaw and veneering
- Laying out a grid
- Hinge and door lock installation
- Door installation
- HVLP applied an exterior-grade finishing system
To Complete The Course, You Will Need The Following:
Rough Material List
- 1 sheet 3/4” MDO exterior Plywood
- 2 BF 4/4 Figured Maple for top Lights grid
- 21 BF 5/4 Walnut
- 15 BF 8/4 Cherry
- 26 BF 4/4 Cherry
- 24 BF 4/4 Sepele for staves
- 1/2” up cut spiral bit
- Rabbiting bit Rockler 91595
- 3/4” ID Guide Bushing
- 1/2” DIA 1/2” tall flush trim bit
- Router Plane
- Marking knife
Thank you for considering my woodworking course on how to build custom doors